The UAE, and in particular Dubai, has been garnering a lot of media attention recently and for good reason.
Dubai enjoys a central location between Europe, Africa and Asia, making it as a prime business destination
for a variety of sectors. A five-hour flight from Dubai in any direction, will not bring one to any cosmopolitan
city anywhere near as advanced as this city. Dubai’s highly regulated environment adheres to international best practices,
while operating with zero personal and corporate tax rates, as well as 100% capital repatriation with no currency restrictions.
This type of financial freedom is seldom found in such a highly developed business environment, therefore one can find numerous
opportunities provided in the UAE and across a wide range of sectors. Dubai is a leading commercial center with a state-of-the-art
infrastructure and outstanding business environment. Among the many reasons to make a base in Dubai and invest in the city are:
- A liberal economy that is fully integrated with the world economy.
- The city is central, located between Europe, Asia and Africa and attracts approximately five million investors and tourists on an annual basis.
- It is one of the safest cities in the world.
- More than 200 nationalities live in harmony and call Dubai their home.
- Dubai is well serviced by international and local financial institutions.
- There is an advanced educational system in place suited to the full spectrum of cultures and languages.
- Dubai enjoys a world class healthcare system.
Honesty – We are transparent and reliable to our clients. We always ensure that our clients are informed about the finer details of the assignments and both of us agree on the same point. we will always be 100% open and honest regarding any fees and charges. Unlike many of our competitors we won’t attempt to hide fees or overcharge on government costs just to increase profit, we believe in complete transparency. So the client will be in a better position to plan and manage their financial outlay. Service – a company is measured by the satisfaction of its clients. At Business Setup Consultants we don’t want our clients just to be satisfied, we want them to be delighted! We will happily go the extra mile to ensure that each client receives the highest level of service and the most straightforward, hassle-free experience. If our clients aren’t happy then we aren’t happy.
1. Free Zone Entities – allow 100% foreign ownership of the companies, and are exempt from corporate and
personal taxes for a specified number of years. These entities are not licensed to do business outside of the free zones.
They are most commonly used to import/re-export or for industrial and/or manufacturing companies. Many service related companies
also use the free zones as their base of operations.
2. Onshore structures are the most misunderstood structures in the UAE. They are the ones which garner a lot of attention due to the compulsory rule of having to nominate a ‘local sponsor’. In essence this is the exact same requirement that other countries have, for example Switzerland. This is only to ensure that there is a liable person, in the country, whom is able to provide answers and direction in any event where the foreign owner is unable or unwilling to assist. The limited liability company is set up with the local sponsor owning 51% of the shares, however, under companies law, the profits of the corporation need not be distributed in proportion to the shareholder holdings. In essence the local sponsor is paid a yearly fixed fee to use his name while the resident director/owner and the foreign owner manage and distribute the profits at their will.
3. The professional license, allows 100% of the shares to be allocated in the name of a foreigner and the local sponsor is only designated a ‘local service agent’ role. This entitles him to a yearly fixed fee for his role as a sponsor in the trade license. The owner of the license must be educationally qualified in the professional service, which they intend to provide.
4. A representative office license is also available to the incorporator; this allows the company to engage in marketing and gathering information on behalf of a parent company. In this case, there is a requirement to have a local service agent, who is not, however obliged to be a shareholder of the company. All companies registered in the UAE require a physical office, we are able to assist you in finding an office or to arrange for a lease for the incorporation process.
THE TWO MAJOR ADVANTAGES FOR THE MAINLAND SETUP
- The Ability of carrying your trading activities all over the Mainland without any restrictions.
- Major choice for all investors who want to have their office premises anywhere in the Mainland
THE MAJOR ADVANTAGES OF THE FREE ZONE SETUP
- 100% Ownership.
- The ability of registering the company without a physical office.
- The eligibility of obtaining 3 years residency visas.
- The ability of opening a corporate bank account.
- The law cost of the Residency Visa “depends on the Free Zone Jurisdiction”
Please feel free to contact Setup Zone, and we will provide you the Best COST EFFECTIVE structure for your business in the UAE.
Depending on which incorporating structure you chose, you may require a sponsor. There are many different assistances that a local sponsor can provide a business. The position and background of a particular sponsor can aid in many areas of a business located in the UAE. Due to our vast knowledge of the industry and region, we are able to provide specific information in this regard.
No you don’t. The Free Zone Setup gives you the freedom of having 100% ownership of your business.
There are no corporate or personal taxes in the UAE. Companies will need to pay a 5% import duty if they wish to clear their goods from the port into the country.
Yes, an office space is required for incorporations in the UAE. At the outset, you may wish to minimize cost with a small space or maybe you wish to have big offices in order to bring your headquarters to UAE. In both these instances DIBN will advise you on the best possible office space, and appropriate decisions can be made from there.